9.29.2010

a day at the orchard

Once a year, our local orchard/farm hosts an "apple day". They have cider, doughnuts, 
live music, a corn maze, and pick-your-own apples! The perfect way to spend a fall afternoon.


 They grow several different varieties at the orchard: Honey Crisp, Stayman Winesap, 
Gala, and Red Delicious. A few varieties had been harvested already (since we are at the end 
of the season) but there were plenty of apples left that were ripe for the picking.


And we weren't the only ones after the apples...


We also checked out the gourd patch, where some of the most adorable 
small and warty things I had ever seen were growing:




I kindof wanted to bring a whole bucket of them home with me, but I resisted.


Instead, I fulfilled my need for cuteness with apple-shaped cake pops!

4 comments:

  1. Adoreable apple cake pops and BEAUTIFUL orchard shots!!

    www.prettyhungrygirl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great site, keep it up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day at the orchards with live Music is simply amazing! The blend of fresh fruits, beautiful scenery, and live entertainment is an experience like no other. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete